Christ Fellowship has been a part of my life for, well, virtually my entire life. Do you see those CF Kids running around the halls, screaming and playing? That was me, almost forty years ago. Over the years, I've seen a lot of changes in this church; some things small, like a paint job. Others quite large. In the end I can say, unequivocally, two things: First, God has always been with this church. And secondly, God has always given us a large vision.
In the early 2000s, God put a vision on the church to reach, not just the small neighborhood of Perrine, Florida, but all of Miami. And with that vision, our church grew. We were no longer "Perrine Baptist Church," but adopted the name Christ Fellowship Miami. God was leading us beyond Southwest 168th Street into new areas like Downtown, Redland, West Kendall, Coral Gables, and Miami Springs. An interesting thing happened, though. While we stopped to focus on the ministry in these geographical areas, God didn't stop there.
As Online Campus Pastor, within the past year, I have seen countless stories of people who have been impacted by the ministry of this church. The great thing is... no, the God thing is that they're not in the city of Miami.
- A group of Christians in Key West, frustrated and burned by churches with questionable theology, came together to start a CF Small Group, creating biblical community centered around worship and solid theological teaching... quite literally having a church service in a house. Within four months, what was two people has grown to 22. The group is talking about splitting to allow for more growth.
- A dozen people meet up in a bookstore in New York City, pledging to meet regularly to challenge each other to grow in discipleship. More want to join in, and what hasn't even started as one group looks to split to multiple across the city of New York.
- A woman in Georgia googled "God save my marriage," found Rick Blackwood's messages online as part of the FIGHT sermon series. She credits Rick for saving her marriage, and the couple who were contemplating divorce are now reconciled and growing together in Christ.
- A man in California lives in low-income housing. He shares with his neighbor, a man with medical ailments, about Christ Fellowship's Online Campus. They start attending weekly online services together, holding each other accountable and growing closer to God.
- A woman in Washington State, who is struggling to cope with the aftermath of a messy divorce, falls back on the friendship of her online small group leader (who is on the other side of the country in Miami) to get through the difficult time.
- A newly-relocated young professional woman in Washington DC has struggled to find community in the area, and connected with a retired professional online for Spiritual Discipleship. Together they challenge each other spiritually, despite being separated by five states.
It's a phenomenal feeling when you realize that you are thinking too small and God is paving the road for something bigger. Christ Fellowship Miami, we are at that point right now. While our vision has been Miami, and God has rewarded us with an incredible ministry to the 305 (and 786), God is taking us to something bigger... no, not bigger... something greater.
Christ Fellowship, we're not just called to Miami, but to the United States and the World. Our vision is God sized, and through Him we can achieve this.
"...you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” - Acts 1:8
If you're interested in being a part of a God-sized mission? Let's talk. Email Jeff Reed at email@example.com